Today I finished my dreadnought.

After much faffing about cutting him, turning him, adding a new custom sarcophagus and lil icon. I am really really happy with his outcome.

He may not be the best painted sex machine on the planet, and his CCW may have a crappy claw that has a bad joint, bit of greenstuff in the future will sort that. ^.^


Finished Brother Banneth (bar iconography)

I am here to destroy you!

My next challenge will be touching up a few details, learning better techniques and adding his name on his banner!

What do you think?

6 comments:

eriochrome said...

Get rid of any black on the base or base edges and drill out the storm bolter and you are good to go.

Farske said...

Ah i knew I'd forgotten to drill something out!
As you can see I did my melta badly.

What do you recommend for the base edges, a tan paint job, or base it with flock?

AoM said...

black base edges are the way to go. the base is on top. the edges are exactly that: edges. they separate where the model's miniature world ends, and the table/outside world/display case begins.

He's a bit dark overall, but it could be the lighting for the photos. a few highlights on those wonderfully sharp edges that dreads have would go a long way there.

MIK said...

Nice touch using the DA backpack icon for the sarcophagus.

Dark Apostle Drazilek said...

I think he looks awesome to be fair for a first walker in all honesty, and although it's a smaller part of the model, the purity seal looks win. I like the pose too. I can imagine him leaning over to smack a pansy eldar is the mout. WooT. Dreadnought back hander.

-Draz.

Farske said...

Cheers guys.

I like the dark feel of the paint job, as I feel the dark angels should almost be grimy, gritty and black. Still, Ill re-look into doing some brighter edges.

Yeah the DA Icon was a simple easy method of adding a better sarcophagus :D

The pose was done by sawing him in half, cutting a slant and greenstuffing him back together.

Thanks again :D

Post a Comment