Today I pulled out the predator tank and had no idea where to start. After fruitless searches on the website I attempted to construct it using nothing but logic and a small cardboard clipping of how to construct the tank tracks from my box. I figured first I shall cut the tank wheelbases out as it was the most obvious. Where else to start but the bottom up.

Predator Sprue

I then stuck the two wheel bases together and looked at the little diagram I have to construct the tank tracks.

I then proceeded to stick the tank treads on.

The start of the treads.

To be truthful it was not that difficult, I glue the lot on and they quiet happily held on to one another without much effort. Just make sure you don't glue them in the wrong place!

Two completed treads

I was starting to get confident here and
decided to add the floor plate to give it structure. I glued the floor in place and decided I'd add the inside divider and display.

Feeling smug with myself here...

Rather proud I did it without too many errors...

WELL!
I sat there and remembered a friend who had his door at the back of the rhino
which opened easily. "hrmmmm" I mused...
I looked at the sprue and found the back door and saw how it would work...
I soon realised I'd made a minor mistake.
With a yelp I ripped it apart and slotted in the back door then re-glued it and held it together.
"shhh, shh, shhh" I whispered into its exhaust pipes whilst patting it affectionately "there, there".

I want to do detail and paint it properly so I'm going to base coat it and paint inside detail.
So for now that is all...

Babys got her back door...

Part 2 coming up soon....

1 comments:

Sozzals said...

Nise tank :O

Post a Comment