So I wanted have some assualt terminators.. but I wanted to save money... I was going to convert my lil terminator's from standard AoBR Power fist and Storm bolter to.....
So I decided I'd first do a pair of chainfists, this was easily done in two very quick steps.
- I cut the chainsword handle off, then the actual chainsword into two pieces using my craft knife.
- I then attached the chainsword segments to the bottom of my fists, just against the power supply where it joined the power fist, I used simple plastic glue for this part.
easy, simple and fast!
Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield.
I then decided to get a little bit more adventurous.
I got some plastic tubing and plastic card.
I used again my plastic glue, craft knife, file and for the plastic tubing a pair of clippers I use for removing my models from the sprue.
- On the plasticard I drew out a storm shield using the space marines codex book as a rough guide in size.
- I then cut along the card carefully with my craft knife. The card was a little thick so I cut heavily a square around the actual shield then did the detail afterwards. I was unable to cut straight through so I would cut a groove then carefully "snap" it off.
- I then attached a little bit of space marine icongraphy, in particular my dark angel symbol and some incense using a bit of glue.
- I then filed the power fist to be a bit flatter.
- I then carefully glued the plasticard stormshield to his arm.
- I carefully cut away the storm bolter (so I was able to use it in the future), and filed a opening in his hand for him to hold the plastic tubing.
- I took a length of tubing and clipped it using the clippers then filed the ends to even the surface.
- I then stuck a melta grenade at the bottom of the rob to give it a pommel, just for looks ;)
- I then cut two Ork Nobz chain axe's and filed them down, I then stuck the pair back to back to be the "hammer".
- I added a bit of dark angels icongraphy and bam, I have a thunder hammer.
- I then got some greenstuff and gently rolled a cable, randomly attached it to the hammer and to an arm joint.